“the dirt” 2004
- purchased by robert and mary miner in 1989. bob was co-founder of oracle
and subsequently passed away in 1994.
first bottling off ranch was 1989
- orv consists of 350 acres in which 90 are currently planted in cabernet
sauvignon, cabernet franc, merlot, syrah, chardonnay and a small field blend,
consisting of zinfandel and carignane
- this year orv will embark on a 5 year replant of the entire vineyard with
emphasis on overall health and quality of the vines. concentration of plantings
will be given to both cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc
- soil is rich, rocky, red, and volcanic and did we say rocky?
- vineyard sits between 1000 and 1400 feet above the silverado trail on the
eastern hill side of napa valley in the oakville appellation
- neighbors closest to us are: dalla valle, vine cliff, joseph phelps “backus”
- wine maker ashley heisey is a veteran with oakville appellation cabernets,
having made wines at far niente and opus
- vineyard manager steve kline has been farming orv for quite a few years
and is passionate about mountain fruit
- a native of napa valley and veteran of the wine business, general manager
paula kornell, wears many hats and travels preaching the gospel of orv.
- 2,000 – 3,000 cases of oakville ranch vineyards are produced annually.
all bottlings are estate
- harvest 2003 wines will be custom crushed at long meadow ranch
- romeo, the vineyard mascot, welcomes all who visit with a soggy tennis ball
Oakville Ranch Vineyards / 7781 Silverado Trail / Napa, CA
94558 / Ph. 707-963-2592 / Fax 707-963-5913