history of the Villa of Argiano and its estate vanishes back in time. The first
hints concerning the building of the residence go back to 1570. The Peccis,
a noble family from Siena, brought to Argiano seignory and baronial rights as
a dowry, which were renewed by the Grand Duke of Tuscany in 1574. The Villa
is located at the summit of a hill, only six miles south-west of Montalcino.
It is thought to be an ancient place, where wise men searched for Ara Jani (the
altar of Janus) as well as for the remains of the roman people of Argia.
The ownership of the Villa of Argiano changed many times between noble families: from the Buonsignori to the Albizzechi, from the Sozzini to the Colombini, from the Ugurgeri to the Bellanti, and finally to the Pecci, when the Villa also began to be known as Villa Pecci. Remaining for some decades under the Pecci family, it then passed to the counts of Pieri, who bequeath it to the marquis of Ballanti Merli and to the duchess of Caetani from the counts Lovatelli. It was not until recently that the propriety was acquired by the countess Noemi Marone Cinzano.
Today, the appearance of the Villa clearly reflects the many periods and vicissitudes it went through during its rich and colourful history. Although the Estate of Argiano was larger in size some decades ago, it is now, under the management of the countess Noemi Marone Cinzano, that the estate is experiencing one of its most interesting journeys in the production of high quality wines.
The production of Brunello di Montalcino, Rosso di Montalcino and Solengo have asserted the prominent position of Argiano in national and international markets.
Argiano - Loc. Argiano / 53024 Montalcino (SI) / Ph.
+39 0577-844037 / Fax +39 0577-844210
|Search for Argiano Wines to Purchase online|